Monday, March 03, 2008

Norman

I only lived there for a short 5 years or so, but my life was changed dramatically for the good. I found a wife, made the closest friends I've ever had, and learned alot about my black, selfish heart. I can easeily say that moving to Norman was one of those "forks in the road" in my life. After only 5 years from leaving Arizona, my life is miles away from where it would've been. Usually it takes a long time to see the different direction life has taken in result of the decisions we make, but in this short time life has changed exponentially....and I'm happy about it. I guess I could trace it back to a single decision of going to High Point back in '01... but wait, if I hadn't been at the ASU BSU, I wouldn't have known about High Point...so, I guess the point is moot.

I'm excited for what the future holds for Norman. Sometimes I wish I could be a part of it again, and if God leads that way, we'll go.

MORAL: Make good decisions. Even the little ones can change your life.

5 comments:

Amyzing said...

I treasure my time in Norman too. Eight years of influence is hard to forget. I don't know what might have happened if you never came! I wouldn't be a Hay!

Ryan M said...

Wow... it's been five years for me too. I'm glad you came to Norman when you did, or I would probably be a little punk.

Jenny said...

That's encouraging. It's neat to see where God took you over those years. I want to make good decisions too! Thanks for the decision advice, and I'll let up on emo lyrics!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krae said...

Thanks for this Dan! I have been thinking and learning a lot about the small decisions and 'small days' lately. This was really encouraging! Miss you guys!